Weekly Quiz #9
15 – 20 November 2013; 4 pm (Pacific)
RESULTS: Weekly Quiz #9 produced the following Quiz Masters: Answers are posted below.
Member Individual Category: Michele Lopez “Reggie” took the honours with a perfect score of 20/20 plus the 5 bonus points for 25 total. Michele was closely followed by a two-way tie between Denny Dobry “Kirby” and James O’Leary “Pippin” with 19/20.
Member Team Category: Sheila Holtgrieve “Daisy” and Margie Deck “Gwen”
took the Team honours once again in a continuation of their unbroken run with 20/20 plus 5 bonus points for 25 total.
Congratulations to all!
This week’s quiz is a similar to the classic quizzes that were used in past years to qualify devotees as having the requisite knowledge of the Canon to be designated “Sherlockians.” In this version, the questions are focused on Dr Watson, are worth 5 points each with an added 5 point bonus for accurate citations. Submit your answers by 4 pm Wednesday, 20 November to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When and to whom did Dr Watson recommend large doses of a poison as a sedative? What was the poison? In which story? For whom?
- In what story was Dr Watson’s body in one chair and his legs upon another?
- In what story was Dr Watson settled into a well-worn, low armchair?
- To whom did Dr Watson ascend to a second time with a message?
- What time did Dr Watson sit down beside the fire to await Holmes’s return?
- Where was Dr Watson when asked to recall tracks?
- When was it sufficient for Dr Watson to share the sport and lend his humble help?
- What was the event that Dr Watson asked Holmes to give him the points about?
- What case was Dr Watson asked to add to his annals?
- When did Holmes and Watson ascend followed by a doctor?
- When Dr Watson turned up the time-table and found the last train gone, where had they wanted to go?
- When and where was the glare from the brickwork painful to Dr Watson?
- Holmes offers Dr Watson a cigar during a trip to where?
- What was the case that began with hot tea prior to the train on a winter morning?
- Whose father did Dr Watson have the pleasure of knowing?
- By what statement does Dr Watson paraphrase Descartes?
- What was another of Dr Watson’s bulls-eyes?
- To whom would the Dr’s bankers determine the worth of his guarantee?
- Dr Watson was with whom when he observed the faces in the diffused light from the shops?
- Dr Watson’s guest drank what at the first lunch where?