Last month, we had some fun with a practice game in anticipation of the annual Treasure Hunt. Participation was good, and I received some nice comments. Want to try another one?
You will find below five questions for the 3rd practice round for TH6:Every Link Rings True . Please do not post any answers here; send answers to email@example.com. Answers are due no later than April 11th.
‘It is so long a chain, and yet every link rings true.’
1. According to Holmes, these prevent the world from being dull. What?
2. Probably a (answer to number one) broke it. What?
3. With the (answer to number two) in mind, count the pieces in the container. How many?
4. Value (the answer to number three) times a hundred to determine who proposed a bribe which Holmes found amusing. Who?
5. A person with the same surname as (answer to number four) and ‘someone else’ sailed together on at least two different vessels. The life of the’ someone else’ was defined by two sets of initials. Who is ‘someone else’? What initials?
Helpful Hint— Sherlock Holmes said, “Education never ends, Watson.” See where it leads.