Last month, we had a little fun with an introductory practice game in anticipation of the annual Treasure Hunt. This month we continue the practice for TH6:Every Link Rings True with a second warm up game.
You will find the five questions for the practice posted below. Please do not post any answers here; send answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers are due no later than March 11th.
Won’t you play along?
‘It is so long a chain, and yet every link rings true.’
1. According to Watson, Holmes never stood here. Where?
2. Find the slip of a girl who prevented her friend from standing where Holmes never stood. Who?
3. A lady with an identical surname to [the answer to question two] was mentioned only once as part of a well-baited trap. Who?
4. A lady with the same first name as [the answer to question three] had a brother who did not think Holmes was very clever after all. Which brother?
5. With the first name of [the answer to question four] in mind, look in the pocket and find the poet. Which poet?
Helpful hint: Do not look in Holmes’s pocket.