Greetings Watson-ian friends! The next issue of the Watsonian is in production, and the team of editors is seeking another pair of eyes. We would like to extend an invitation to members of the society to submit their name for potential associate editorship. Below are the expectations for an associate editor:
- Familiar with using Google Docs to make suggestions/edits to submissions, or willing to learn;
- Available twice a year (February and August) to participate in the editing process;
- Able to edit for style, clarity, spelling, and grammar (American and British English are both accepted, MLA citation style preferred);
- Willing to help make judgment calls on accepting some or all submissions, as necessary;
- Excited about a variety of forms of scholarship: essays, fiction, puzzles, poetry, etc.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, or if you have further questions, send an email to email@example.com with your qualifications as they pertain to the list above. As with all roles in the society, this position is strictly voluntary. Looking forward to hearing from you!