RESULTS: In order of submission, 10/10 to:
- Paul Hartnett, “Scout”
- Ron Lies, “Chips”
- Enrico Solito, “Devon”
- Michael Ellis, “Lobo”
- Margie Deck, “Gwen”, and Sheila Holtgrieve, “Daisy”
- Elinor Gray, “Misty”
- Alessandro Melillo
- Stephanie Thomas, “Hyacinth”
Well done, everyone!
And, of course, the ANSWERS:
- Watson is very specific about the day and date that Miss Violet Smith visits 221B. He is also incorrect. When does he say she came, and why is it wrong?
- Saturday, April 23, 1895
- April 23, 1895, was a Tuesday
- Holmes says engaging in this sport is “always a treat”. What sport, and where did he engage in it?
- The “country pub” near Charlington
- This city was the target of a devastating attack 45 years later, but at the time of this story, it is home to a person most significant to Miss Violet Smith. What city, and whom does she say is there?
Note: Ron Lies, “Chips”, and the team of Margie Deck, “Gwen”, and Sheila Holtgrieve, “Daisy”, sent in an alternate answer of “Westminster” – Cyril Morton lived there at the end of the story, and Westminster was also bombed in 1940.
- Her fiance, Cyril Morton
- This was an unconventional way to choose a groom, especially as neither candidate had yet met the bride. How was the decision made, and between what two parties?
- A game of cards
- Bob Carruthers and Jack Woodley
- It may have felt like 90 days, but it was really nowhere near that long. What, and how long was it?
- Mr Woodley’s visit to Chiltern Grange
- One week
One Reply to “Quiz Results: The Solitary Cyclist”
Thanks Selena for a fun quiz!
Comments are closed.