Speaking of my old friend and biographer, I would take this opportunity to remark….Watson has some remarkable characteristics of his own, to which in his modesty he has given small attention…
Today we add to our series of brief biographic interviews with some of the members of JHWS. Our members, like the good Dr. Watson, have some remarkable characteristics of their own, and we would like to give some small attention to them.
We are happy to present this interview with Watsonian columnist Sandy Kozzin. Sandy, ASH ‘Esmerelda’, is a member of several societies and a regular contributor to Welcome Holmes and The Hounds of the Internet.
- Name and bull pup moniker—
Sandy Kozinn, Roxie
- Current (city, state, country) location—
- How long have you been a devotee of Dr. Watson?
- Do you have a favorite canonical story?
Not really, depends on my mood
5. What is your favorite quote from the canon?
“The game is afoot”
- If you could speak directly to anyone in the canon, who would you choose and why?
Probably Watson. I’d want to know the reasons behind the clearly made up names, dates, places, trains, and so forth in so many of the cases — in other words, what was the real story?
- Are you fond of any particular canon adaptations, pastiche, radio, or film?
I grew up with Rathbone and Bruce, and like both current TV series. I don’t really do “favorite” — there are so many variables.
- Do you have a local Watsonian/Sherlockian/Holmesian group you meet with on a regular basis?
I try to make the ASH luncheons, Mrs. Hudson’s Cliffdwellers’ meetings, and the Priory Scholars’s and attend other area meetings as I can.
- Do you have any recent Watsonian/Sherlockian/Holmesian projects/events you would like to tell us about?
Had a terrific time at the Gillete Luncheon during the Birthday Weekend.
- If you had a magic wand, allowing you to add, subtract, change one thing in your Watsonian/Sherlockian/Holmesian world, what would it be?
Being able to get to even more local meetings.